Learn how to mitigate the impact of tariffs in your manufacturing and distribution costs!
In today’s current trade environment, tariffs for many products have increased and may continue to increase. This seminar will help you understand the opportunity to defer, reduce or eliminate those tariffs through participation in the Foreign-Trade Zones Program. Now more than ever, this program can help you increase your global competitiveness and realize significant savings.
As grantees of Northeast Ohio’s Foreign-Trade Zones 40 and 181, NEOTEC and the Port of Cleveland invite you to join us at this important half-day seminar.
On the agenda are several foreign-trade zone experts providing insight into how the FTZ program works, specific steps needed to realize savings from the program, the application and activation processes, and compliance requirements. Topics include:
- Who can benefit
- How to set up an FTZ in YOUR facility
- Timeline and regulatory requirements
- Security measures
- Section 232 duties and Foreign Trade Zones
- Quotas– Exemptions through FTZ
- No-wait benefits
- Robert Stein, VP, Mohawk Global Trade Advisors, North Syracuse, NY – FTZ Activation Process and Tariff Implications
- Andrew Thomas, Customs Officer, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, Cleveland Port of Entry – CBP Procedures and Updates Related to New Tariffs
- Ron DeBarr, Executive in Residence, NEOTEC – Welcome and FTZ Overview
- John Senese, President/CEO, NEOTEC – FTZ Benefits and Examples
Date: Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Embassy Suites Cleveland
5800 Rockside Woods Blvd.
Independence, OH 44131
- 8:00 am to noon
- $60 (includes Continental breakfast)
Registration for this event is now closed.
This seminar is made possible through the ongoing support of FirstEnergy, NOPEC and NextEra Energy.